Defensive Architecture in the Peloponnese (5th – 15th century)
The 25th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the Department of Architecture at the University of Patras announce that the International Conference “Defensive Architecture in the Peloponnese (5th–15th century)” originally scheduled for May 2011, will now take place from September 30 to October 2, 2011, in the Congress Hall of the Municipality of Loutraki, Corinthia. Accommodation will be provided to the conference speakers.
The themes of the Conference, the official languages, paper topics, and the criteria of selection have been already described in the 1st Announcement.
The Scientific Committee of the Conference comprises the following scholars:
· Dr Demetris Athanasoulis, Director of the 25th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities
· Mr. Georgios Velenis, Professor Emeritus of Archaeology, University of Thessaloniki,
· Mr. Nicolas Faucherre, Professor of Archaeology, University of Nantes,
· Mr. Timothy Gregory, Archaeologist and Professor of History, University of Ohio State, Columbus, Ohio, Director of the Ohio State University Excavations at Isthmia,
· Mr. Ploutarchos Theocharides, Architect-Restorer, 10th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities, Ministry of Culture and Tourism,
· Mr. Stavros Mamaloukos, Professor of Architecture, University of Patras
· Dr Katerina Manoussou-Della, Architect-Restorer, Rhodes, Ministry of Culture and Tourism,
· Mr. Charalambos Bouras, Professor Emeritus of Architecture, National Polytechnic School, Athens,
· Dr Guy D.R. Sanders, Archaeologist, Director of the American School of Classical Studies’ Excavations, Corinth,
· Dr Tassos Tanoulas, Architect-Restorer,
· Mr. Constantinos Tsouris, Professor of Archaeology, University of Thrace,
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2011. Candidates are requested to complete and e-mail the Participation Form along with an abstract of maximum 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with subject heading: Conference “Defensive Architecture in the Peloponnese (5th- 15th c.),” attention: Mr. Antonis Georgiou, 25th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities, Ancient Corinth 20007, Greece, tel. +30 27410 31443, fax: +30 27410 32646.
The Organizing Committee
Dr. Demetris Athanasoulis Prof. Stavros Mamaloukos
Dr. Michalis Kappas Prof. Petros Koufopoulos